The Adventures Of The Misinterpreted Lackey (Part I)

What if... this world was crazy?
We know, right?

Well, listen on in the story of the lad who was misinterpreted.

It was a new day, a bright day, as bright as buttercookies.
As corny as it sounds the story doesn't end here.

Meet Hibuddy.

Hibuddy, the vanquisher of the dark and the harbinger of light - an average young lad who just wanted financial freedom.

His surname was cornstarch.

"Hibuddy Cornstarch," said a bloke. Staring sheepishly at the frail young lad, he whispered, "is this your real name?"

"Yes, sir... erm.." he muttered. With an inquisitive sigh and a wide-eyed look that mimicked a lazy slow lorris, he flinched a cheek muscle and proceeded to file in the document inside the drawer.

Cornstarch panicked. "Excuse me, sir?"

"You are excused," said the unnamed bloke in office attire.
"I need this job. I can write, I can juggle, I can increase your productivity!," cornstarch said, losing his calm demeanour.

"The thing is cornstarch -  I can't take you into our organization because, well, you are cornstarch. Even your passport says so. I don't think anyone will take you seriously."

"I am a dime in a dozen sir!," said cornstarch confidently with a whimpering undertone.

"Yes you are, a dime - in cornstarch flavour. Listen, I can hire you as an intern, let's start with the small things. I know you've applied for the post of a senior writer, but I'd rather hire you as a human juicer. You can pick things up and maybe if you make something that hits or rather flicks people's switches, I'll take you seriously."

A brief pause ensued.

"With your name," - stuttered the bloke.

"Sir?," said Hibuddy.

"Starting with your name, I meant." said the bloke.

Who is Hibuddy? Why did his parents name him Cornstarch?! For the love of all that's flavour, what company did he land in?!

Stay tuned to the Black Streak.

Until next time!

-Continued in The Adventures Of The Misinterpreted Lackey, Part II

Comments

Popular Posts